Larry Y. Tzeng
Ph.D. of Risk Management, Insurance, and Actuarial Science, May 1996
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A.
Professor and Fubon Endowed Chair
Department of Finance, National Taiwan University (since 1996)
Center for Research in Econometric Theory and Applications, National Taiwan University (2012-2015, 2018-present)
The President of the European Group of Risk and Insurance Economists (2019)
The President of the Taiwan Risk and Insurance Association (2010-2011)
Associate editor for Journal of Risk and Insurance (2008-2019)
Research Award, E. Sun Financial Holding, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019
Excellent Research Award, National Science Council, 2008
Research Award, TaiShin Financial Holding, 2006
Award for Social Science Studies, National Taiwan University, 2004
Larry Y. Tzeng ranked respectively 18thand 5thfor the number of articles published in the three elite risk management and insurance journals (Journal of Risk and Insurance, the Journal of Risk and Uncertainty and the Geneva Risk and Insurance Review) between the years 1984 and 2013 and between the years 2004 and 2013 according to the study, “Analysis of Publication Activity in the Leading Risk Management and Insurance Journals: 1984-2013,” by Morris Danielson and Jean Heck.
1. Estimating the Critical Parameter in Almost Stochastic Dominance from Insurance Deductibles (with Y.-C. Huang, K. Kan and K.C. Wang), Management Science, forthcoming.
2. Fractional Degree Stochastic Dominance (with R.J. Huang and L. Zhao), Management Science, forthcoming.
3. Comment on Aging Population, Retirement, and Risk Taking (with R.J. Huang, J. Wang and L. Zhao), Management Science, 2020, 66(6):2792-2795.
4. Generalized Almost Stochastic Dominance (with I. Tsetlin, R.L. Winkler and R.J. Huang), Operations Research, 2015, 63(2): 363-377.
5. Revisiting Almost Second-Degree Stochastic Dominance (with R.J. Huang and P.-T. Shih), Management Science, 2013, 59(5): 1250-1254.
6. Precautionary Effort: A New Look (with L. Eeckhoudt and R.J. Huang), Journal of Risk and Insurance, 2012, 79(2): 585-590.
7. On the Optimal Product Mix in Life Insurance Companies using Conditional Value at Risk (with J.T. Tsai and J.L. Wang), Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 2010, 46(1): 235-241.
8. Pension Funding Incorporating Downside Risks (with S.C. Chang and J.C.Y. Miao), Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 2003, 32: 217-228.
9. Organizational Form in the Property-Liability Insurance Industry (with L. Regan), Journal of Risk and Insurance, 1999, 66(2): 253-274.